Happy National Soil Health Day! We’re celebrating our most precious resource with the release of this short video, featuring New Mexico ranchers sharing the principles and benefits of planned grazing for greater soil health.
Many thanks to:
- Marie, Yolanda and Sonya Nava, Rancho Alma Linda, Tucumcari
- Michael Bain, Twin Willows Ranch, Ocate
- Joseph Serna, CS Cattle Company, Cimarron
- Tuda Libby Crews, Ute Creek Cattle Company, Bueyeros
- Tom Sidwell, JX Ranch, Tucumcari
- Bruce Trainham, Rancher, Folsum
Recorded in Mosquero during the Soil Health Academy in fall 2019 (with an early snow storm happening in the background). Camera and editing Rory Sopoci-Belknap, with additional editing by Isabelle Jenniches. Drone footage by Luis Mario Prado, additional footage Jeffers Cattle Company.