Join the NMSU Sustainable Agriculture Science Center for an interactive workshop that will guide participants through the observation, identification, and ecology of pollinators. Emily May (The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation) and Adrienne Rosenberg (NMSU Sustainable Agriculture Science Center) will be discussing topics including pollinator habitat needs, environmental stressors, community science opportunities for pollinator monitoring, and how to create more high value habitat for pollinators in northern New Mexico. The workshop will include a field tour of wildflower mixes being tested at the Science Center for attracting and supporting pollinators. Don Martinez (NMSU Cooperative Extension Service, Rio Arriba County) will facilitate the workshop.
- When Tuesday, September 24th 4:00-6:30pm
- Where MSUSustainableAgricultureScienceCenter 371 Co Rd 40, Alcalde, NM 87511
- Cost $10. Light refreshments will be provided.
- Contact Jaime Taylor at the Rio Arriba County Extension Office at 505 685-4523. Please RSVP by September 23rd.
- Website https://xerces.org/2019/08/27/how-to-support-pollinators-in-northern-new-mexico-alcalde-nm/